1963 S H Used Classic Wooden Boat For Sale in Hull
- Mast Configuration
- Single Mast Type
- Two-Mast Type
- Hull Configuration
- Sail Handing and Equipment Comments
Price: $ 75,500.00
Make Sparkman & Stephens
Model PH MOTORSAILER KETCH
Length 42 ft
Fuel Type Diesel
Hull Material Wood
Location Hull, Massachusetts
LOA 43 ft 8 in
Length at Water Line 33 ft 6 in
Length on Deck 41 ft 8 in
Beam 12 ft 10 in
Max Draft 5 ft 4 in
Displacement 32000 lb
Ballast 6500 lb
BEQUIA SUITE is a handsome, teak planked 42´ S&S Motorsailer with ketch rig, inside and outside steering, and an aft cabin. She is an ideal liveaboard/passagemaker and in fact has been cruised to the Bahamas for many winters. Her layout is well-suited for 2 couples offering two staterooms with two heads, a bright pilothouse salon, and spacious galley and dinette opposite. The present owners, who are very knowledgeable, have carefully maintained and upgraded BEQUIA SUITE. We have two recent surveys done by a top NE professional marine surveyor - one in 2012 and one in 2016 - which are available to serious buyers. Comments by the surveyor indicate the vessel was very well built using very resilient tropical hardwoods of superior quality, and has dedicated owners who are diligent in maintaining this handsome, well-built Sparkman & Stephen's vessel. We thank you for your interest and shall be pleased to arrange for an inspection of this highly desirable motorsailer.
HULL & DECK:
• White hull painted with Brightside one part enamel, black boot top, green bottom.
• Cream colored decks and trunk cabins painted with Brightside by Interlux.
• 2002-2004 teak toerails and stanchions removed; Decks stripped down to frames and covering boards, rebuilt with Okoume (similar to plywood), covered with Dynel and Epoxy. Two 11' frames replaced on port with associated replanking.
• 1 ¼” carvel Burmese teak planking over 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" steam-bent Ipol frames on 10" centers and bronze fastened.
• Stem,keel and stringers are Ipol (similar to Angelique - strong and resistant to rot).
• Double planked transom.
• Trunk cabins and pilothouse were fiberglassed with epoxy resin over teak plywood in 1999.
• New safety glass installed in 5 pilothouse portlights in 1999.
• Inside and outside steering stations.
• Flush, raised foredeck; center steering helm deck amidships with comfortable seating.
• Heavy duty bronze hardware, cleats and chocks.
• Teak toerails and handrails/S/S bow and stern rails and stanchions; recent S/S wire double lifelines.
• Two roll-up pilothouse windows.
• Opening hatch in pilothouse, rebuilt 2015; two teak frame and plexiglass hatches - one forward and one in aft cabin.
• 10 Bronze opening ports, some screens.
• Four Dorade boxes with bronze ventilators.
• Outside raised steering helm has a teak console with bronze wheel, engine controls, but no instruments. There is a port helm seat and bench seat aft with red cushions.
• A lower helm is down the companionway to starboard.
• 2016 selected bronze refastening of stem and garboard.
• 2016 some forward planking and hood ends refastened.
• 2012 starboard hull recaulked below waterline.
• 2011 port hull recaulked below waterline.
• 2005 hull was completely wooded and painted.
• 2003 rebuilt aft cabin house.
• 2000-2001 planking refastened with silicon bronze fasteners.
• Two deck prisms.
• Lead ballast bolted to keel with keel bolts.
• Companionway cover, helm cover and blue sail covers.
• 2 bronze steering wheels with chain to cable steering.
• Mahogany planked rudder with drift rods, transom hung (trailing edge of rudder has bronze protective cover).
• All exterior teak is left natural - quality of teak and Ipol is of exceptional quality compared to today).
• Sheer clamp and beam shelf are Douglas Fir (long old growth timbers).
Fuel: 140 gallons in three 60 gallon tin-lined copper tank; port tank replaced 2015 with two poly tanks.
Water: 150 gallons in four tin-lined copper tanks.
Holding: 17 gallons in poly tank with y-valve, deck pumpout and macerator.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• 1993 Perkins 6-354 diesel, 6 cylinder, 135 hp, FWC, with 5,415 hours as seen on hour meter.
• Borg Warner 2:1 hydraulic transmission, rebuilt 1993.
• 1 ½” S/S shaft, replaced 2013.
• 3 bladed bronze 21 RH 18 prop, reconditioned 2013.
• 2013 PSS dripless shaft seal.
• Racor 500 and dual fuel filters.
• Fireboy suppression system.
• Morse controls at both stations; oil pressure and temp alarms at lower station only.
• Bilge blower.
• Recent repainting of engine.
Cruising speed: 7.25 knots @ 1450-1500 RPM @ 1.6 gph.
• 12V/32V/110V electrical systems.
• 2010 Northern Lights 5 kw generator with sound cover; 556 hours on generator.
• Heart Inverter charger 1800 watts, 32V input.
• 32V system-4-8V golf cart batteries (rated at 680 amp hour), Heart inverter, water pressure pump, and all cabin lighting and outlets in heads.
• Two engine alternators - one for 12V and one for 32V.
• 12V system has two banks of batteries (2 Group 27 size batteries in parallel) and 8D deep cycle starting battery; 12V system handles engine starting and house.
• Separate 12V battery forward for Tigress windlass charged from main engine alternator.
• Newmar circuit breaker panels for 110V, 32V, 12V systems.
• Three Rule electric pumps; one Rule 2000 aft, one Rule 1500 midship, Rule 800 forward.
• Battery monitoring system and battery test.
ACCOMMODATIONS: For four-five in two separate staterooms with two heads. BEQUIA SUITE has a very comfortable liveaboard layout. From forward cabin, there is a divided chain locker forward. Next aft are two generous-sized berths, port and starboard, with drawers under and bookshelves over. Next aft to starboard are two hanging lockers. To port is an enclosed head with sink, Raritan W.C., hot and cold pressure water, telephone-type shower with grate and lockers. A U-shaped galley is next to port and a fore and aft facing dinette is to starboard. Galley includes S/S counters, sink, 2014 new Seafrost 110V refrigerator and separate freezer, and a 2007 Paul Luke 2 burner gimballing propane stove with oven. There are numerous lockers, and a microwave oven.
Up several steps to the bright and airy main salon which has an inside steering station to starboard with a pull-out mahogany helmsman’s seat or table. There is excellent visibility from this helm. Ventilation is from two roll-up pilothouse windows and one opening windshield window and a large overhead, new hatch. All windows in the pilothouse have had safety glass installed. Opposite the lower helm is an L-shaped settee to port with a drop leaf mahogany table for dining, along with two folding Captain’s chairs aft of the lower helm for total seating for 6. A companionway on the starboard aft corner provides access to the outside helm and side decks.
Continuing aft from the salon, one steps down several steps to an enclosed head to port, (a paint locker/storage locker forward of head). The head includes a Raritan W.C., holding tank with y-valve, shower and sink.
Further aft is the owner’s stateroom with single berths, port and starboard, a bureau of drawers in between and storage under the berths. Additionally, the port berth pulls out to form a double berth.
The interior is finished in the Herreshoff style with the painted white bulkheads, varnished mahogany trim and varnished teak and holly soles. The engine is accessed through two large hatches in the salon sole as well as from both companionway ladders. In 2016, the main salon was repainted and looks clean and bright.
• ICOM M402S VHF.
• Sea 106 SSB radio.
• Alpha Spectra autopilot with remote with dedicated fluxgate compass and hydraulic ram-driven rudder.
• 2012 Furuno Navnet VX2 GPS-Radar with 4kw antenna, with depth, speed, fishfinder and temp.
• Furuno 1834 chartplotter.
• 2012 KVH TracPhone V3 satellite antenna (for internet and VOIP service).
• Sony CD AM/FM stereo with speakers.
• 2 Kelvin White bronze binnacle compasses.
SAILS & RIGGING: (Ketch rig)
• Sitka spruce spars in excellent condition and painted from deck up.
• Spinnaker pole, Sitka spruce.
• Profurl roller furler.
• New 2012 Dacron Mainsail by FX Sails with a reef point with cringle on leech.
• Dacron Mizzen - very good.
• 140% genoa- very good
• Yankee jib on Profurl roller furler.
• Hathaway, Reiser & Raymond spinnaker.
• 2 Lewmar #30 winches on mainmast; 1 Lewmar #16 winch on mizzen; Lewmar #30 S.T. winch for mainsheet; 2 large Paul Luke jib bronze winches.
• Roller reefing boom.
• S/S standing rigging-age unknown - inspected and approved by Foster Rigging.
• Blue sailcovers.
• Sheets, blocks.
• Rig recently inspected by professional rigger (Foster Rigging) and found all in good order.
• Bronze mast hardware.
• Main & mizzen masts stepped on keel.
• Solid spruce booms.
• 2010 6 gallon hot water heater off engine and 110V.
• 2010 EchoTec 780-AML 32 gph watermaker (has been pickled).
• Three fire extinguishers.
• Lofrans Tigress electrical windlass.
• 33 lb Bruce anchor, 200´ 3/8” hi-tensile chain on Tigress winch.
• 35 lb Danforth hi-tensile anchor, 150´ ¾” rode with 50´ chain.
• 60 lb Hi-tensile Danforth with 300´ 3/4” rode on bow roller.
• Jim Buoy life ring; life jackets.
• Emergency tiller.
• Solar panels servicing 32V system.
• Dinghy davits.
• 2011 10´ Zodiac hypalon dinghy with 6 hp 4stroke Tohatsu outboard.
• Aft deck box with cover.
• Two steel propane tanks with OPD valves for Force 10 propane grill and inside stove.
• Rail mounted Magnum charcoal kettle grill.
• Wheelhouse bus heater with two fans.
• Helm cover; companionway cover; sail covers.
• Xintex S-2A propane detector.
• Bronze thru hulls, many newer.
• Lower navigation lights operate; presently no mast or steaming lights.
COMMENTS: BEQUIA SUITE is a handsome, teak planked 42´ S&S Motorsailer with ketch rig, inside and outside steering, and an aft cabin. She is an ideal liveaboard/passagemaker and in fact has been cruised to the Bahamas for many winters. Her layout is well-suited for 2 couples offering two staterooms with two heads, a bright pilothouse salon, and spacious galley and dinette opposite. The present owners, who are very knowledgeable, have carefully maintained and upgraded BEQUIA SUITE. We have two recent surveys done by a top NE professional marine surveyor - one in 2012 and one in 2016 - which are available to serious buyers. Comments by the surveyor indicate the vessel was very well built using very resilient tropical hardwoods of superior quality, and has dedicated owners who are diligent in maintaining this handsome, well-built Sparkman & Stephen's vessel. We thank you for your interest and shall be pleased to arrange for an inspection of this highly desirable motorsailer.
****MORE PICTURES UPON REQUEST****
Barnegat Bay Yacht Brokerage
**THE "CLASSICS " ARE WHAT WE SELL**
Thank you, Glenn Schroeder
- Spars and Rigging Comments
- Type Of Boat
- LOA (feet)
- Deck Material
- Hull Material
- Contact Number
- Engine Make
- Engine Model
- Engine Year
- Fuel Type
- Boat Survey
- Survey Date
- Trailer Make
- Trailer Model
- Trailer Year
- Winter Cover
- Dinghy Make
- Cabins (number)
- Manual Head
- Electric Head
- Fire Extinguisher
- Color of Canvas
- Dodger (Forward)
- Closure (Vertical)
- Bridge Cover
- Bimini (after)
- Camper Back
- Sleeps (Number of People)
- Holding Tanks (total number)
- Water Tanks